Now that the weather is eventually commencing to warm up and we’re coming out of hibernation, it’s a good time to head out into the real world and look for the quality dudes you want to meet as a woman over 50.
Here are 15 catches sight of that are fine bets for finding available dudes near you, plus what to say to strike up a conversation once you see an interesting man.
1. Wine shops that have classes and tastings. These are effortless to do alone. Just be careful driving home, of course. Ask the man next to you which wine has been his beloved so far.
Two. Dog parks. Borrow a dog from a friend if you have to. Dog people are indeed friendly! Ask for a vet recommendation or compliment his pup.
Three. As you travel to work on public transportation, look up from your book and check out who might be a potential suitor. Smile at him and ask him what time it is.
Four. Restaurants. Go out with a gf and ask the man at the table next to you what he’s eating that looks so good. Sitting at the bar is a good way to do this, even if you’re alone!
Five. Entire Foods or your local grocery store. Fellows have to eat and unless their mom still cooks for them, they have to buy food around dinnertime. Get his recommendation on which fish or vegetable to buy. A bonus. maybe you’ll find one who will cook for you, too!
6. Singles cruises and resorts. Yes, dudes do travel alone. Ask him if he’s there for work or pleasure. I know a woman traveling alone who met a wonderful boy at a resort. Just be sure to check out the average age of visitors to the area so you aren’t stuck with spring break kids. Or choose cruise lines that are geared to people over 50 like Princess and Holland America.
7. Starbucks or your beloved local coffee shop. Strike up a conversation about how long the line is or how long a winter it has been.
8. Meetup.com has all kinds of local activities going on every day. Here you can meet fellows interested in the same types of activities you like to do, so embark a conversation about the sport or hobby you’ve met up to do.
9. Your hair salon. You might laugh at this, but studs come in for haircuts and even manicures! I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve sat next to a man getting a pedicure minus the colorful grind. Tell him he’s plucky for coming there.
Ten. Hardware stores like Home Depot or Lowe’s, especially on the weekend. Boys have to go somewhere to buy the materials they need for fixing things in their lives. This is the ideal time to ask them for help picking out the instrument for your project around the house.
11. Wine festivals or outdoor events. With live music playing, the sun setting, and glasses clinking, ask the man next to you which winery he recommends.
12. Upscale casinos are popping up everywhere and fellows do love gambling. Suspend out near the roulette table and be his fortunate charm. If the casino is fastened to a hotel, sit at the bar with a friend and commence talking with studs who come in for a drink or dinner. Or play into his DNA of helping a damsel in distress by asking him for gambling tips.
13. Major or minor league sporting events. Whew, you can just feel the testosterone in those stadiums! Standing in line at the gourmet food vendors most stadiums have now is a good time to strike up a conversation about the game or the food.
14. Places that have live music on the weekends. Fellows will often go have a drink at the bar while listening to the group that is playing. Best music bets are jazz, blues and good ole’ rock and roll. Ask him if he goes to the band’s shows often.
15. The very best place to meet boys is at an online dating site. Studs are there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It’s like college was. Reminisce when everyone was single and available back then? Today, everyone’s just older. Send interesting guys winks or favor them and see what happens!
Now it’s your turn. Embark writing a list of places in your area to meet boys and a few things to say to begin the conversation flowing. I think once you concentrate on it, you’ll find available fellows are everywhere.